Late autumn is the season to remember how much friends and family mean to us. With Thanksgiving only weeks away, plans are already being made for dinner parties and family gatherings. Why not captivate your host with a memorable gift? Allan’s Flowers, serving the Prescott area, would love to help. We have gift ideas that your host will love!
The tradition of bringing a gift to your Thanksgiving host
Bringing a gift for your host or hostess has been a time-honored custom for many years. Since Thanksgiving is a time of appreciation, a thoughtful gift will show your host how much you enjoy their company and the effort put forth to make the holiday truly special
Gifts to Celebrate Friendsgiving
Friendsgiving combines the holiday of Thanksgiving with friendship gatherings on or near Thanksgiving Day. Celebrating genuine friendships with a special meal emphasizing fun and gratitude has become an important holiday Tradition. Often, the host or hostess will serve meal that is similar to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but the menu can also include foods not traditionally served at this time of year. Here are some of the best host gifts to consider for this special holiday meal:
- Wine: As a show of appreciation for all the hard work that hosting a gathering entails, wine is a classic gift. For a special touch, look for a bottle from a local winery.
- Flowers: Also a classic hostess gift, our specialty bouquet, Autumn Lights, is a perfect choice. Falls flowers such as sunflowers and chrysanthemums surround a beautiful glass pumpkin.
- Gift baskets: One of the best aspects of giving a gift basket to you host or hostess is that you can tailor the baskets to reflect the owner’s interests.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: Adding amazing scents to your home is easy with a diffuser and several varieties of essential oils.
Gorgeous Fall Flowers -Autumns Lights
Meeting the In-Laws for Thanksgiving
Whether it is your first Thanksgiving together or your tenth, having dinner with your in-laws on a special occasion may cause some apprehension. For the son-in-law or daughter-in-law who wants to impress, a well-received gift is essential. Here are a few gift ideas to make sure you make an unforgettable impression:
- Homemade goodies: Maybe you are well-know for your brownies or your carrot cake. Your in-laws would appreciate a treat made with love.
- Candles: Choosing a candle or candle display that fits in with your in-laws décor is a welcomed gift that adds color and fragrance to the home.
- Framed photograph: Your in-laws would love to have a professional photograph of the whole family to display prominently in their home.
- Send ahead flowers: Allan’s Flowers would be happy to send an arrangement of your choosing to arrive before Thanksgiving Day.
Gifts for Traditional Thanksgiving with Family
Enjoying time with your family and a festive holiday dinner is something that makes this time of year especially enjoyable! Your family may always gather at a central location for this occasion, or maybe the family members take turns hosting the meal. Bringing a gift will let the host know how much you honor the time and effort your loved ones have put forth to make Thanksgiving a meaningful gathering.
- Decorative Floral Centerpiece: Providing part of the décor for the holiday will make your host’s life much easier. We has just what you need. The Swirls of Fall centerpiece includes favorite fall carnations and chrysanthemums and a glass pumpkin sure to add a festive touch to any table.
- Wine Glasses: Whether you choose crystal clear or decorative glasses, your family host can enjoy a nice glass of wine after the festivities.
- Board or card Game: At a family gathering, there are bound to be people of all ages, A fun game to play after dinner can bring the family together for a little fun and competition.
- Fancy Chocolates: Relaxing by the fire with a glass of wine, a good book and a box of sumptuous chocolates is the perfect way to show how truly thankful you are for your family hosts.
Festive Decorative Flower Arrangement – Swirls of Fall
Almost everyone enjoys receiving gifts, especially to show appreciation for an excellent gathering or holiday dinner. If you are unsure of what your host or hostess may like, remember that you can’t go wrong with flowers or a plant. Let the experts at Allan’s Flowers in the Prescott and the Prescott Valley area create the ideal arrangement for your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebration.