When the seasons change, it’s a great reminder to make a change to your home’s decor as well. The feeling you get from new porch decor will not only make your home feel fresh and inviting, but you will also create a look that inspires others, as well. Plus, fall decorations give everyone that heart-warming feeling that the holidays are near!
This fall, Allan’s Flowers offers some excellent reasons why decorating your porch for fall should be at the top of your fall to-do list. We also offer some fun and creative ways to make your porch look amazing for fall, this year and every year. Send fall porch flowers to loved ones to help them get in the spirit of fall decoration, as well! We look forward to seeing all the beautiful enhancements you and your neighbors make to your Prescott Valley porches this fall.
Why Should You Decorate Your Front Porch for Fall?
Decorating for seasons and holidays is a great way to mark time and celebrate the changes that occur each year. It’s an important practice that makes you, your family and your neighbors feel comfortable with the new season. Here are some great reasons you should consider decorating your porch for fall this year:
- Help Spruce Up the Neighborhood. Adding fall accents and flowers like colorful lantana to your front porch will be your contribution to your neighborhood’s overall look. No one else is decorating? Inspire them with your cute, easy look and watch the neighborhood come alive with fun designs.
- Enhance Your Home’s Look. There’s nothing like pulling into your own driveway and seeing a beautifully-decorated porch-scape you sort of forgot about during the day. The surprise and thrill of bright, colorful mums or other fall blooms will be a refreshing welcome home every time you see it.
- Signify That the Holidays are Right Around the Corner. In fall, the appearance of pumpkins, corn husks and scarecrows means it’s not too long until Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah arrive. Build everyone’s excitement for this festive season with exciting fall flair.
- Add Curb Appeal. While “curb appeal” is often associated with the sale of a home, you don’t have to be in the market to create a lovely look to the front of your house. Warm and inviting, the front porch decor you choose will boost the cheerful, creative vibe and show off your creative spirit. Select lovely fall flowers or blooming plants like kalanchoe plants to brighten your porch all season.
How Should You Display Fall Flowers On Your Front Porch?
Decorative Fall Porch
Choose eclectic accents to dress up your front porch in a fun fall style. It’s okay to think outside the rustic, wooden box and find items that create a certain vibe. Use natural materials or bright colors, farm-fresh items or sparkling seasonal materials to achieve the look you’re hoping for. Here are some great suggestions for a harvest vibe that evokes thoughts of autumn:
- Rustic wooden flower boxes/containers: Place flowers or blooming plants in wooden flower boxes like our Sunflower Self Portrait to contrast natural elements and beautiful bright colors.
- Lanterns: Light up your scene with an old-fashioned hurricane or oil-lantern, or simply set one out for decoration. Extra details like this will give your fall porch design the creative, unique fall vibe you’re looking for.
- Hay bales: Add a block of fresh hay to your front porch and adorn with hardy mum plants or bright pumpkins for a festive fall look. A scarecrow perching on the edge of your hay might be the perfect touch.
- Chalkboard message: A fun chalkboard sign can tie your porch’s decor together with a festive seasonal message. Repurpose each season with a new message. Whether you say, “Welcome to Our Home” or “It’s Fall Y’all!” your intent will be clear.
How Creative Should You Get With Fall Decor?
Festive Fall Porch
Showcase your creativity with classic fall style and a few unexpected elements mixed in. Even if you don’t consider yourself the creative type, try a few of these ideas to inspire your decor:
- Multi-colored pumpkins: Go beyond the typical bright orange spherical pumpkin and opt for those in odd colors or shapes. Oblong gourds in blues, grays or greens will be a feast for the eyes and a textural dream. Group in clusters with bright orange marigolds for contrast or spread around your porch for an unexpected look.
- Wreaths with fall accents: Front-door wreaths are a wonderful way to tie your porch scene together. They’re also a quick, easy way to showcase the new season. Find or create fall wreaths using a variety of fall accents, like corn husks and plaid ribbon, mini-pumpkins mixed with dried fall leaves.
- Wooden crates: Create multi-level scenes when you use wooden crates as pedestals for your beautiful fall flowers and accents. Place an oversized container of lavender on an up-ended crate for a natural look that brings color and fragrance to your front porch. Add different levels to achieve a layered visual to your porch’s look.
- Colorful floor mats, throw pillows and blankets: The colors of fall are some of the deepest and richest of all the seasons. Bring them together and tie your look together with complementary welcome mats, floor coverings, throw pillows and blankets. Flannel or wool make great fall textures, and deep burgundys, golds, and forest greens can come together in a plaid or argyle design.
There are so many options when decorating your porch for the fall season! You may want to change your look every year or find something perfect to display year after year. Either way, the floral experts at Allan’s Flowers strongly encourage you to include living plants and flowers in your scene, as these will bring a fresh, inviting feel to your look. Talk to us for more great decorating ideas and enjoy the process of transforming your front porch into a harvest scene!